School Based Apprentices & Trainees
Employers who are looking to fill a part-time position but still considering an apprentice or trainee should consider a school based option.
A School Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship is undertaken part-time while a student is at school. It combines paid employment as an apprentice or trainee and off-the-job vocational training whilst completing the NSW Higher School Certificate (HSC).
School Based Apprentices and Trainees may attend work 1-2 days per week, either on block release, during the school holidays, or both. Work and study days are determined through negotiation between employer, the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and high school.
The benefits of hiring a School Based Apprentice or Trainee with CCGT include:
- Ongoing support, mentoring and coaching from CCGT
- Secure top talent before they graduate from high school
- Start to train a young person part time before introducing them into the business full time
- Give a local young person an opportunity to get a head start in your industry.
Some of the possible occupations suitable for an school based apprentice or trainee include:
- Beauty Therapy
- Building and Construction
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Commercial Cookery
- Community Services and Health
- Metals and Engineering
- Printing and Graphics
- Rural Industries
- Transport and Distribution
Register to become a CCGT Host Employer here.
For further details on the qualifications that would suit your business, please telephone us today on 02 4353 2655 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org